For Task 3 of Creative Strategies we have been given a choice in what topic we want to do. I was torn between Composition and 3D sculpting, but I have decided to try the sculpting. The reason I went for this is that I find it more interesting to created your own character and re toplogise ready for rigging for animation. I think this would look well in my showreel. I will do compositing at another time or even as a personal project. So for the 3D task here was the criteria given:
- Highpoly sculpture
- Re-toplogised mesh suitable for animation
- HD stills and/or turntable render
- Give credit to the concept artist on your blog/showreel.
Consider the following:
- Character pose and underlying forms
- Topology tools & techniques
I purchased a book in preparation for this task to help me. As well as looking at online tutorials on YouTube or Digital Tutors.