Grass Tests

Cliodhna had been working with paint effects for the grass and hedges. After the final presentation we noticed some issues with them. There was a lot of different seperate sections and it was like a crazy jig saw puzzle trying to fix floating grass etc.  I had a look at paint effects for myself and discovered that some of the problems she had could easily have been resolved. For example, converting them to polygons, to prevent it from shrinking in size when converted the polycount limit needed to be higher. Also she had issues with the Grass jumping to a different place (and then manually moving them). This was resolved by UV mapping the plane.

So instead of refixing everything it was quicker to start again. Here are some of the tests that I did for grass

grass3grasstest

 

Hedges

Experimenting with different brushes for best look that matches with the Flickerpix concept.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 19.28.28Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 19.50.49Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 20.11.48Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 20.54.05

 

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 15.46.25.png

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s